I totally agree with this person’s blog: http://open.salon.com/blog/graysondavis/2009/03/04/i_hate_twitter
But I also hate Twitter for different reasons:
- You give up your right to privacy when you tweet, twinky ot twitterate. Yet the same folks that use Twitter are often obsessed about keeping their lives private (HIPAA, SSN protection, etc.)
- Stability – Twitter Apocolypse?! Pul-Leeeeze! Another Y2K panic-attack documented and behind us now. 12/12/12 is next, folks. Better stockpile freeze-dried food!
- It advances social avoidance and isolationism. "I’d rather stay home and Twitter all night versus going out with my friends."
- We don’t need a play by play. Twitter users might say…”Mitosis is the process in which a eukaryotic cell separates the chromosomes in its cell nucleus into two identical sets in two daughter nuclei. It is generally followed immediately by cytokinesis, which divides the nuclei, cytoplasm, organelles and cell membrane into two daughter cells containing roughly equal shares of these cellular components.” Non-Twitter users might simply say ‘cell division’.
- The “I Twitter because I can” mentality. Well, I could climb the highest mountain if I set my mind to it…but I don’t want to.
- You need to Twitter FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. Self-explanatory.
- Everyone is doing it! Yes, I am sure that they are. Everyone is sitting around Twittering when their country’s moral foundations are crumbling?!
- Twittering is cool, current, wired, hip, etc. All of these terms for social acceptance originated from social outcasts!
- It wastes time. Shouldn’t you be working? Did you just put 8 hours on your timecard? Can you sleep at night?
- It makes me nervous. The very first thing I thought about when I saw the Twitter craze shift gears was the marketeers, political organizations and Big Brother beefing up their spiders and parsing algorithms to mine more of your precious demographic data.
I hate Twitter too.